Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Recyle, Reuse








Aunt Rose worked really hard in the garden all summer. We even put up a clothes line to be more earth friendly on nice days.

I decided to build a new outdoor station that Aunt Rose could use. The old potting bench started to rot. The new station has one of the camping sinks I bought. I'll run a white drinking hose to it and it makes for an easy way to clean up outside.

Originally I wanted the new bench for Aunt Rose's gardening but I realized it could also be multi-purposed as an outdoor cook station. Our stove, oven or grill will all fit nicely on top if we'd like to cook outdoors.

The camper will be covered in the winter and stay in the driveway instead of being stored off site. If I took it somewhere else our insurance coverage does not follow it. I decided why not make the most of the camper being parked here. The camping table on the other side make for a nice addition to a seating area in the summer. I lucked out that they put an extra awning rail on that side of the camper.

After pulling off the top boards of the old bench I realized that everything else was in usable shape. A couple of new boards and it's now in place under the weeping willow tree. A nice cool spot for Aunt Rose to work on all her gardening projects!